Saudi VAT registration has been started from 28th August 2017.
All companies, businesses or entities which make an annual taxable supply of goods and services in excess of SAR 375,000 are legally required to register for VAT by 20th December 2017.
However, if the annual taxable supply of goods or services does not exceed SAR 1 million will be exempted from mandatory registration till 31st December 2018.
Steps of Registrations
- Login official GAZT website with your existing password, if you do not have you should signup by giving the required information.
- Go to indirect tax section and select Value added tax
- Click registration and provide necessary information
- CR Number ( If you are already registered for Tax or Zakat necessary information will be updated automatically)
- Company information
- Income statement or Audited report
- Whether you are an importer
- Whether you are an exporter
- IBAN number (for refunds) – not required if already logged with GAZT
- VAT eligibility start date
- VAT taxable supplies (expected over next 12 months)
- VAT taxable supplies (past 12 months)
- VAT taxable purchases (expected over next 12 months)
- VAT taxable purchases (past 12 months)
- Financial Representative details (only mandatory if you are not a Saudi resident)
- After submitting the form, the registration confirmation will be received within 2 to 3 working days, if any error officials will contact if any additional information required.
For clarification on requirements or all VAT-related queries, please call toll free number 19993. The hotline is open from 7 am to 11 pm Saturday to Thursday. GAZT officials are very cooperative in providing and supporting with user queries.
Penalties for non-registering VAT